Another #Eggcerpt for the Eggcerpt Exhange Authors Blog Tour! Today I’m featuring Trevann Rogers with the book HOUSE OF THE RISING SON.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Sex. Rebellion. Rock and roll.
Living After Midnight, Book 1
Cheyenne is a half-human incubus whose star is on the rise in the Unakite City rock scene. His father, the leader of the supernatural races, would prefer he keep a “low profile”, but screw that. Cheyenne has as much music in his veins as royal incubi blood.
Alexander’s future is all set—finish law school, join the family firm, and marry someone who’d be good for business. Not that he has a say in any of it. He’s barely met the woman his father expects him to marry.
As Cheyenne’s musical career takes off, his carefully constructed life begins to unravel, exacerbated by an ex-lover who can’t let go, a crotchety barkeeper with a dirty mind and a pure heart, a drag queen who moonlights as a nanny, and Alexander—who’s not sure if he’s falling for the incubus or the rocker.
Cheyenne denies who he is, while Alexander hides what he wants. Together, they learn that getting what they truly want means being who they truly are.
The blue-gray glow of the synthesizer’s lights increased with the music’s crescendo and tugged him to the edge of his seat. The beginning of a show was one of his favorite parts. He was also partial to the middle and the end.
But Alexander didn’t applaud and stomp and scream in anticipation like the rest of the crowd. He was grateful to be able to keep his composure, but the truth was, it was all he could do to remember to breathe.
With a burst of light and a thunderous chord, Cheyenne appeared at center stage, arms out from his sides. An ethereal white light illuminated him. A rock and roll messiah.
Trevann Rogers writes urban fantasy and LGBT paranormal romances. Her stories incorporate an unquenchable addition to music and her love for vampires, Weres, incubi and rock stars. Like these elusive creatures, Trevann learned long ago that sometimes being yourself means Living After Midnight.
Character Q&A: Cheyenne Constantine
- Nickname ~ Chey
- Job ~ Musician
- Level of schooling, or self-taught: I graduated high school. But I taught myself guitar and piano
- Birthdate ~ June 2
- Birthplace ~ Unakite City
- Currently residing in ~ Unakite City
- Favorite type of pet ~ Tiger but don’t tell Zander. I’d be in the doghouse for sure.
- Favorite place to visit ~ Las Vegas
- Significant other ~ Zander
- Most important goal ~ I’m going to be a rock star.
- Worst fear or nightmare ~ Failing my kids somehow. But I won’t ever let that happen.
- Favorite food ~ Zander. His essence is the most powerful I’ve ever tasted. And it feels like…chocolate.
- Wealthy, poor, or somewhere in between? ~ Poor but not for much longer.
- Secret desire or fantasy ~ I want my father to be proud of me.
- What would you do if you won the lottery? ~ Buy a big house, get my kids every thing they want, and get a custom made guitar.