Style Baby! All Style.
Magic is not in the content but in the style of the words.
How a story or speech is presented determines how the audience perceives the style.
So, just how do we add style and swag to the story?
- Adverbs. (less is better.)
- Put the rhyme in order. (put the word you had to force to rhyme in the first line, and the good rhyme in second.)
- Long sentences are not good. (pepper short sentences among the few long.)
- Spellchecker is your friend. (use them.)
- Consistency is paramount.
- Tongue tangled sentence, (rephrase.)
- Be brave. (forgo the highlights and exclamations.)
- Do not fear short paragraphs.
Bonus #9: Sometimes you need to break a rule. If you love it, write and rules be damned.
For a more detailed explanation of the 8 rules, read 8 Easy Ways to Improve Your Writing Style from the Oxford-Royale Academy
View original post 61 more words