Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This chapter deals with:
Hunger, drinks, and food
Unless they are a robot, your character will no doubt feel the need to eat and drink on occasion. Here are some ways to describe this:
- He slugged back the last of his drink.
- He studied the amber liquid rolling around his glass as he swirled it.
- She ushered me towards the lounge and laid the snacks down on a large coffee table in the center.
- He placed both mugs down in front of them.
- She took a large swig from her mug.
- He heard the clink of crystal and the shrill of high-pitched feminine laughter.
View original post 405 more words