Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This chapter deals with:
Houses and Scenery
The best way to describe a house is to flick through an (online) architectural magazine. The second best is to read on.
- The walls were covered in rich, black wallpaper that exhibited a shimmering, barely perceptible pattern in the winking candlelight.
- Depression glass candleholders stood on the shelf.
- Along the far, short wall was a wide, polished, walnut, rectangular table.
- Their footsteps echoed on the travertine floors.
- All the paint chips he had been forced to stare at had driven him crazy.
- The interior was cuter still, with wooden floors polished to a warm honey-gold and exposed brick…
View original post 542 more words