Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This short chapter (I’ll make it up next week, I promise) deals with:
Like fights, horses are a staple of many a genre. Even if not many of them are around nowadays, it pays to know how to describe our heroes’ interactions with them.
- He tightened the cinch on the last horse.
- With her bow slung across her shoulder and back, the quiver of arrows attached to the horse’s saddle, she pulled on the reins.
- He stroked the horse’s powerful neck, being nuzzled at the same time.
- She stroked the horse’s wide, flat nose.
- She stroked the horse’s head, dismounted and stretched her body…
View original post 137 more words