Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This one deals with:
Chairs, windows, and furniture
He stood up. She sat down. I don’t know about you, but I’ve had a pretty hard time describing these two simple actions in a non-yawn-inducing way. Until I came across these:
- He sank into his chair.
- She rested her elbows on the table.
- He shifted in his seat.
- She slumped in the chair.
- She shuffled in her seat to better sit upright and rubbed away the tears with the sleeve of her fleecy jacket.
- I sat bolt upright in bed.
- He pulled himself to his feet.
- He raised himself to his feet, with a loud grunt…
View original post 307 more words