Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, listing beats you can use to convey:
Everyone loves a twist, right? Which is why your characters will probably be surprised rather often. Here are some ways to describe that:
- He shot up an eyebrow.
- He whipped his head around.
- “What?” she asked with a tilt of her head, as if listening to music only she could hear.
- She clamped her mouth shut, but her jaw went slack when she saw him. “You!”
- She arched a questioning eyebrow in his direction.
- His face remained a plank of wood, his amazement hidden by a slow breath.
- He raised his eyebrows at her in disbelief.
- His mouth slackened.
- A question kept gnawing at…
View original post 150 more words