Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, listing beats you can use to convey:
What good is a story with no drama? Characters will inevitably experience discomfort. Sure, they can moan and groan to your heart’s content, but there are so many better ways of making the pain palpable.
- She tried to prop herself up on her right elbow, but it collapsed under her, sending lances of stabbing pain to shoot up her shoulder.
- He rubbed the stubble on his head, avoiding the tender knot.
- His skull felt like an eggshell.
- His face started to ache. Dully at first, then in hot stabs.
- A dull headache formed behind his brow.
- His expression was drawn in agony, but not…
View original post 102 more words