Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, listing beats you can use to convey:
Hopefully, our characters will also know joy every once in a while. Here are some creative ways to portray it.
- She bounced on her toes.
- She jumped up and down in glee.
- He gave a wave for the merriment to commence.
- She threw her arms open.
- He threw his hands in the air.
- She brushed her palms together.
- He rubbed his hands together.
- He let out a guffaw that echoed throughout the great room.
- The silence broke when he broke out into hysterical laughter; a sort of half chuckle, half splutter.
- He laughed; a hearty, genuine chortle.
- A laugh broke from…
View original post 542 more words