There is something magical about reading historical fiction. After interviewing historical fiction writer Evie Gaughan yesterday, I am taking a moment to celebrate historical fiction.
Here are the reasons why I think we love reading stories from this fabulous literary genre:
- It is a form of mental time travel.
- There is nothing more pleasurable than escaping our modern lives via bonnets, horse drawn carriages, corsets, breeches, knights in armour, sky high wigs and chaste kisses.
- Historical fiction can make us appreciate our own era.
- It enriches us with knowledge.
- It gives us the opportunity to find out how historical events influenced and shaped people’s lives.
- The romances in historical fiction always take awhile to come to the boil but when that kiss finally happens we are beside ourselves with reader joy.
- It teaches us that human nature has essentially always been the same.
- We love the drama and passion that…
View original post 191 more words