Last week, I mentioned the launch of Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, here is the first installment from the book. It lists beats you can use to convey anger.
Many of anger’s physical reactions are also common to both fear and anger—for example, the heart beating faster. The following beats, however, are particular to anger:
- He shot her a venomous look.
- He shot her a furious glance.
- She speared him with another glare.
- He shot a glare up at her to silence her.
- She shot him a glare, but there was still a twinkle in her eye.
- She looked him in the eyes and he looked straight back into hers.
- He held her gaze for a moment before looking away without a word.
- A groan accompanied the roll of his eyes.
- His eyes were…
View original post 675 more words